'71 Cuda - Ghost

This was a fun build. Basic to say the least, but left a lot of customization options. However, I decided to keep it just as basic. The build is based on a car I found in an article while searching the Cuda to check out color options, this is the '71 Snow White Cuda.


The only real difference between the kit and the car is the lack of front spoilers. Other than that, a few extra purchases, you could get the wood grain decals for the interior.


The car itself was very basic, few parts. The exhaust was modeled to the chassis, a few of the underhood parts were molded into the plastic. Mainly the battery and wipe fluid container. Basic motor and interior.



While I used the above car as the basis of the build, i wanted some a bit different, so I went with a two tone black on white interior. Masking as a tad difficult due to the lines on the door panels. There was a little bleed under the Tamiya tape, but it was easily fixed.





There were no decals for the dash, so this was going to be a full blown hand painted. In all, the interior wasn't difficult.

In reality, the only decals were the side panel Hemi decals and the plate decals. There is a Plymouth decal, however, it's a bit too large to fit on the cowl and too small for a windshield decal.

I noticed, that even though i had used the Tamiya fine white primer and the Tamiya pearl white base, the Tamiya clear wasn't "bright." In the end, I swapped over to using the Testors clear coat, hoping mixing the two wasn't going to have a bad effect on the decals or paint.

This will also be the first time I used the Micro Set/Sol products. Though i really didn't need to on ths one, as there were no raised edges or small decals, it helped me get used to them before I got the remainder of the decals on the Tbird.

All in all, i would recommend this kit to anyone starting out and to any builder who just was to take the basic and make a good custom. I will most likely buy another one. There were a few things I wanted to try here, but just took some notes.