Chattanooga Modelcon 2024

 So, I entered my first model show. Other than trying to find parking and getting registered, the day was amazing. There was a small accident when unboxing my builds. The bottom of one of the cases fell out and the purple custom Ford fell. Broke off the rear bumper and one of the light lenses. Thankfully, I took my tweezers and glue. within a few minutes, everything was back together and up on display.

One thing I will say, not sure if they're all like this, but you can't go to one of these shows without a few hundred in cash on you. Whether it's for a new kit, decals, parts, books, the prices average between $10-15 for small things to a few hundred for larger more rare kits.

Overall, the day was amazing. I have more respect for everyone who does this, whether it's for competition or just hobby. The builds i saw were amazing. From the JR class to just the display, non-judged kits. 

I was not expecting to win anything. However, I did come home with two Bronze place finishes. One for the wife's '65 Thunderbird and one for the '71 Olds 442 I built specifically for the show. Their only feed back on both was they weren't shiny enough. One scored a 7.8 out of 10 and the other a 7.9 out of 10. Not bad I'd say for my first time.


'65 Thunderbird, Bronze Finish


'71 Olds 442 W30, Bronze Finish

Here are a few photos from some of my favorites.












You can find the rest of the pictures here. They include different angles of the dioramas a few close ups and more.

Overall, I had a lot of fun. I will go again, but I will be slowing down on builds. I will need to decide on one or two builds for a show and really dig in.

I did buy my first ever tank kit. Ran into a old coworker there who is into the military kits. So we're going to set aside some time to work on some builds for this tank.