The Darkside Pt 4 - The Colors of Panzer

After weeks of waiting on supplied to arrive, I finally got around to laying down the colors for the panzer. Using some new stuff, I thinned out some of the Mr. Surfacer 1500 black primer with some Mr. Surfacer Leveling thinner. The smell is enough to make the dead turn away, but the stuff is amazing. I set the PSI to about 10-12 and set the brush to a slightly wider area. The primer laid out as smoother than anything i've had seen yet.



I bought the AK Interactive Real Colors for the German tanks. From research and talking to friends, the red/brown in the kit is too dark, so it needs to be lightened up with some red. Since the AK colors are enamel based, i added some Testors flat red to get a color closer to the red oxide. I took the Dark Yellow from the AK kit and did the wheels using a template and started on the equipment. For the equipment, I bought the Vallejo Panzer Colors Paint Set #8.



In order to get the equipment on, I had to pull the schurzen rails off. Thank the elder gods for CA glue. With the equipment painted and slightly toned, I began adding them to the kit.






Once the equipment was attached, the rails were added back. CA glue wasn't going to cut this time, so I opted for the nail glue.

Using the instructions, and a few online photos, I tried to mimic the camo scheme. Being red/green colorblind, I couldn't see where the green was going, I could just see a layer of wet paint. So doing some touch ups was a little sketchy. so far, people seem to like it. Some feel it's "too airbrushed looking." Not like it bothers me. It's my first ever tank, and a paint scheme I've never done before.






 Next up is the track building. Again, something well outside my fender wells, but it's a challenge i'm looking forward to.