'66 GT350H PT 2

 So Revell came through on this. I had contacted them about the missing head and I had two on the sprue tree within a week or so. Much, much faster than the previous shipping experience.

So while I waiting for the engine parts to dry from their fresh coats of paint, I started foiling the chrome trim on the body.  After a few hours of work and recharging the dead headset, I was ready to try and fix he bumpers.

I left them in Dot3 for 24hrs and cleaned them up. After a good soapy wash, sanded them a bit more and let them sit overnight. After redoing the primer, I followed that up with some Testors Semi Gloss black via the air brush. Which also left to some on the floor. 

After it was dried, I laid a few coats of the Ak Interactive Chrome. Even though it's over semi gloss black, I still can't get the semi shine I am looking for. In the end, I ended up thinning out Testors Metallic Silver and using a wide brush to try to avoid brush strokes, I layed a thin coat of it onto the bumpers. They're still not clean, but they will work. This isn't a show car after all.

I also primed and painted the smaller chrome parts in the same many and they turned out decent enough.

So, Multiple brake baths, missing parts, bad decals and messed up paint jobs, it seems to have turned out okay.