'37 Ford Revisited

The completion of the wife's build marks another successful project in my workshop. To give it that extra touch, I decided to order some fantastic decals from STS Decals. While this journey was largely smooth, it did have its quirks, much like any model build. But I am progressing with each build. One particular hiccup occurred with the front suspension, a familiar challenge I encountered in a previous build. 

But what sets this one apart is the choice of materials and paints. This time around, I opted for Tamiya XF acrylic paints and the X gloss, and I must say, the results were quite pleasing. The finish turned out to be exceptionally well done.

In keeping with the theme, this build was approached from the perspective of creating a stock truck, just like the one you'd find on the road. It is also modeled after the father in laws truck he had when he had his business in the 50's. 

One lingering issue that I haven't quite resolved is the placement of the grill. During the testing phase, it seemed to fit perfectly, but once the paint was applied, it shifted slightly out of place. Now, I'm pondering whether to glue it closed to rectify the situation or leave it as is, allowing it to showcase what seems to be the  imperfect charm this truck has.

I also took the liberty to go a bit beyond the stock configuration by adding plug wires, a detail that I'd incorporated in a previous build as well. While the previous build had the convenience of a pre-built distributor, this time, I decided to fashion my own using wire salvaged from an old USB cable. Admittedly, the plug boots turned out slightly larger than they should have been, but this minor imperfection is a small price to pay for the satisfaction of crafting a custom piece. What's more, the beauty of this endeavor is that for just $3, I acquired a substantial roll of hollow cord, giving me an abundant supply of tubing for future projects, particularly for crafting radiator hoses.









New custom decals added.